50 Tiny Ways to Give Yourself Goosebumps
You know the feeling, right? Your hair stands on end, your eyes peel back, and you feel a wave of euphoria wash over you.
Goosebumps. Shock and awe. Hair-raising. Whatever you want to call it, it’s certainly memorable. It doesn’t need to be complicated, either.
After reading Ryan Holiday’s article on living a better life, I thought to myself: what are the small ways I make my life better? Later that evening, I watched the superb documentary Planet Earth 2 again.
The swelling of music and awe-inspiring creativity of wildlife left my mouth wide open, and my eyes peeled back. This, I thought to myself, is how I make my life better.
I chase the goosebumps.
With that in mind, here are 50 actions I’ve done that can allow you to ride the rollercoaster of euphoria and make your hairs stand on end.
- Close your eyes and listen to this song from 1917.
- Watch the accompanying scene from 1917.
- Ask the person you like out on a date.
- Watch a flock of starlings perform mesmerizing aerobatics.
- Watch your favorite artist perform your favorite song live.
- Look at the runway disappear as the plane leaves the ground.
- Tell your partner you love them for the first time.
- Publish an article you’re proud of.
- Laugh so hard your face feels fuzzy.
- Play The Last of Us, and don’t skip this giraffe petting scene.
- Go to a midnight screening of the next huge Marvel movie.
- Listen to ‘The Night King’ soundtrack from Game of Thrones season 8 episode 3.
- Play God of War and watch Kratos say goodbye to his wife.
- Turn the lights off and watch Joe Gardner play the piano in Soul.
- Listen to your inner geek and watch Thor’s entrance in Avengers: Infinity War for the 100th time.
- Scream as loud as you can on a terrifying rollercoaster.
- Create a playlist filled with instrumental music.
- Watch a blue whale come up for air.
- Listen to this song from season four of Mr. Robot.
- Watch Liam Neeson threaten someone in Taken.
- Think about a time of your life you miss.
- Create an imaginary scenario where you’re widely successful, and thousands of people are cheering your name.
- Send a risky text.
- Get an equally risky reply.
- Listen to whales communicate with each other.
- Imagine a happy moment of your life with a movie-style soundtrack.
- Close your eyes and listen to some heart-wrenching strings music.
- Take in a glorious sunset.
- When on a plane, look down at the houses and cars. Think about how small but magical life is.
- Read a story about how someone turned their life around.
- Watch your favorite scene from your favorite movie.
- Hold your date’s hand at the cinema.
- Watch an artist perform in the Colors studio.
- Avoid spoilers for a film and take it in at the cinema.
- Walk through the entrance gates at a music festival.
- Look out of your window when you wake up on a sunny day.
- Listen to the sound of waves crashing while at the beach.
- Be proud of your friend’s achievements.
- Invest your money.
- Go on a drive when the sunset is orange.
- Hold a baby.
- Look at old pictures of friends and family. Reminisce.
- Shout the countdown to New Year’s Eve.
- Kiss someone as the clock strikes midnight.
- See your favorite animal at the zoo.
- Ask someone you admire for help.
- Take a sick day from work.
- Sing ‘Sweet Caroline’ while drunk with your friends.
- Talk about your favorite TV show or film.
- Say ‘no’ when it matters.
Like this? Find out the methods I used to write it and learn the methods I’ve used to write multiple articles a day.